Saturday, January 12, 2008

Our first post

Well, we already have some news about the adoption. Our profile is being shown to a birth mother, who has narrowed it down to ours and one other profile. We're excited and hopeful, but also very careful to not get our hopes up too much. We know that God has a plan, and if we are not picked, then this is not the baby we are meant to have. We are supposed to hear something by early next week.

This weekend, we are planning to look at baby furniture, and figure out what else we HAVE to have before we bring the baby home. So far we have our stroller and car seat combo, our pack and play, about 10 outfits, and some stuff to baby proof the house. I think we need to spend some time at Babies 'R' Us!

3 comments:

katy said...

so i had NO IDEA you guys were adopting!! that is such exciting incredible news! congratulations!

Lee, Kasey, and Jameson said...

We have been pretty quiet about it, just trying to get everything worked out. But we feel like we're getting so close that we need all the prayers we can get. Thanks for the comment!

Jennifer said...

OH MY GOSH!!!!!! I just happened to run across your myspace blog and I saw this! I can't believe it! How exciting! I have always wanted to adopt! I am so THRILLED for you! If you have a baby shower, I must be invited! I can't wait to read more about the journey!