Ok, so we got an email today that we are going to have a conference call scheduled with the birth mother. We got really excited, and basically thought that it meant we were chosen, because with our other agency, they do not schedule a conference call if the birth mother hasn't chosen you.
Well, it turns out with this agency the birth mother can request a conference call, even if they have not for sure chosen you. It basically means that out of the profiles she saw she chose us to talk with about becoming parents for her child.
Two things can happen: She can decide after the call that she is happy with what we talked about and decide she wants us as the babies parents (what happens most of the time). Or, she can say she was not happy with us, and have to start the selection process all over again.
From what I understand she really wants to find a family for this baby, and get everything arranged sooner rather than later, so we're hoping this means she is going to choose us.
So, it's not for sure yet, but it's still VERY exciting and we're one step closer to our baby. We just keep telling ourselves, that if it is meant to be, then it will happen!
Keep us in your prayers. We're super nervous about the conference call, and totally worried about what to say. Hopefully the call will be scheduled for either tomorrow or Wednesday. I will keep you updated!
Monday, January 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
We love you and we are praying for you!!!!!
How exciting!! We'll keep you in our prayers. You guys will be GREAT parents. =)
Kasey, How exciting! This is Jen from your message boards. Call me...
Kasey and Lee - I just found your blog off of Katy's and this is so exciting! Clark and I have some very good friends who recently adopted and we walked and prayed through the whole process with them. I will definitely be praying for you and Lee and the baby God has planned for your family! How exciting!!!
I can't wait to hear more about it! Praying for you!
Post a Comment