Well, we're officially matched. We're leaving for Pennsylvania on Monday. The baby is coming by c-section on Tuesday. We were supposed to be having a girl in March, but God intervened today. Here's the long story. I hope it makes sense, I'm a little out of it...
We finally had our conference call scheduled for 4 o'clock today with our first birth mother (A), and we were very excited. Well, it was literally 5 minutes after I got off the phone with the lady scheduling that call, when I got a call from our other agency. She said "a birth mother has chosen you." I was like WHAT? I took down all the information and then started calling Lee, my mom, my grandma, and talking to Blaire (she was there, we were at school). I told her I would call her with an answer as soon as I could (since the baby is due on Tuesday).
I was flipping out, and we decided that we would talk to A and then make our decision. Well, after we came to that conclusion, I got a second call from the social worker she said A needed to reschedule the call that was supposed to be at 4 to Monday. It was a sign, but I told the social worker about the other situation and she said she would call A back and let her know about the other situation, and then let me know what she said.
She called me back shortly and told me that A told her that she was a big believer in things happening for a reason, and if this was the baby for us, then we were supposed to have it. I started crying. I felt so bad and so good all at the same time. We had our answer, we were supposed to have the baby boy.
So, I called the social worker back from the second agency and told her we were up for the match with M. I can't believe how quickly all this happened. We got to talk with M on the phone and she sounded so sweet, and so ready for the baby to be born.
We spent the rest of the afternoon making plans for the trip, and getting things lined up for my sub (of which I still don't officially have one). THANK YOU Blaire, Jessica, and Kelly for spending so much time to get everything lined up for me... I can't believe how amazingly wonderful you are! I owe you BIG time!!!
I will update more about the crazy weekend we are about to have, and our travel stuff later. I'm going to go to bed and try to sleep.
Thursday, January 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Ahhhhhhhh!!!! Can you even believe it? Aren't you in shock? WOW! That is so great! And I LOVE the name! Yay!
Total shock! I cannot believe it happened this fast. We literally became active with the agency 1 week ago.
This is AMAZING. I have goosebumps. I'm so excited for you and can't wait to hear about your crazy weekend. BTW: LOVE the name!
(sunshinehugs from FF)
I am so excited for you guys!!!! woohooo! life is about to take a complete change! enjoy it!
Oh my gosh, how exciting! I can't wait to hear all about the weekend. :)
Post a Comment