Saturday, January 19, 2008

Let the Craziness Begin!

Well, I'm up... it's midnight. I didn't sleep at all last night, and now that my fever has broken I cannot sleep again. I came down with strep throat today, and went to the doctor and got 2 shots one on each side of my butt, so that hopefully I will feel better VERY soon. I had been feeling crappy all week, but I got up this morning with all the signs of strep. I am kind of a professional at it (that's what I told the doctor today). I get it at least once a year. Luckily the doctor did everything I asked and got me shots so that hopefully I can get out and start shopping tomorrow.

I spent the day at school, telling my kids I was leaving, getting plans finished and organized, and cleaning my disaster of a room. I have a sub that will be there the whole time that is a former certified teacher, and has been in my classroom before. Hopefully my kids will do ok, and everything will work out. I cried some at the end of the day when I was hugging them bye. They are so sweet, and cannot wait to meet baby Jameson. My room is clean and the plans are ready for next week, and everything is as organized as we can get it.

Our plans for the weekend include getting all of our stuff and Jameson's stuff packed and ready. Having dinner with the family on Sunday evening, to celebrate and tell everyone bye. Tidying up the house so it is perfect when we get home. Hopefully finding furniture and bedding for the room. Switching out our office and guest room so that the nursery will be the room closest to our room. We don't plan on painting or anything until after we return. I'm sure there is other stuff, but right now that is all that I can think of.

Our flight is at 12 on Monday. We will fly into Pittsburg and then drive about an hour and a half to the city where M will give birth. She goes in for the amnio on Tuesday at 7 to check the lung development and then if everything is a go she will have the c-section later in the morning.

Here are some possiblilities for the nursery. Tell me what you think. I really want to go more modern and we love circles and polkadots. We will have dark cherry wood furniture (maybe like the first picture), we just haven't picked it out yet!




Jen we're praying for you and the entire situation. Stay strong, and I hope to hear good news very soon!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I've followed your story on FF. Congratulations.

By the way, I love the first option for the bedding!

KRISTI said...

I love the first option too! Good luck getting everything done.

(sunshinehugs from ff)