Everything is perfect with Jameson and M. We are all doing great, and bonding very well. ICPC has already been started, so we are on our way to get to head home within 5-10 business days.
I haven't had the opportunity to ask what details I can give out and what not, but as soon as I do, I will give you everything that I can!
Now for the crappy part, the birthfather is giving us a lot of trouble. One minute he says he will sign, the next minute he says he won't. There is basically no chance in the world that he will get custody, no matter what links he goes to. M does not want him to have anything to do with Jameson, and she has signed all the papers she can up to this point, without him signing.
Right now Jameson is basically in the custody of the agency, and we are his guardians with the agency's permission. If our lawyer representative can get him to sign tomorrow, then everything will be a go for M to terminate her rights, and we will be his official adoptive parents. But, if he decides not to sign, we can be at legal risk for up to 3 months. We told them today, we were completely comfortable with this, and completely understand the risk, but know that they are slight. I told M tonight before we left the hospital, that if she wanted us to be Jameson's parents then that is what will happen. She and I both teared up and she said, of course that is what I want. So, please pray that he will sign, but that if he doesn't things work out the way that they are supposed to.
Monday, January 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
You are all in my thoughts!
vfyKasey - how are things going? Post an update if you can, we are all on pins and needles. Keeping our fingers crossed all goes smoothly for you and baby.
Post a Comment