Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Half a year old already

Ok, so I'm a horrible mommy and blogger for not keeping this thing updated. I've been a busy girl! We are almost done with summer and I'm just getting around to having time to post... and it is 1:00 AM, but for some reason I cannot sleep (I think it's because I napped too much with Jameson this morning)!

On Sunday, Jameson turned 6 months old. We went to kiddie kandids at Babies 'R' Us and had his pictures made on his actual 1/2 birthday. He did very well, but was not very cooperative when it came to smiling (probably due to the illness, we had yet to discover).

We went to the doctor today for his 6 month shots, but the doctor discovered the sweet boy had an ear infection so he could not have them. We got some antibiotics and we will go back to the doctor in 2 weeks to get the shots. Besides the ear issue, Jameson is doing well. He is up to 18 lbs. 6 oz. (70th percentile) and only 2 lbs. more than at 4 months, so Dr. Scott was happy about that (he was on the chunky side). He also has grown 2 1/2 inches since his last visit so he's up to 27 inches long (50th percentile). He also has been diagnosed with eczema, but over all is incredibly healthy.

He's such an amazingly, laid back, sweet natured little boy. He's growing up so fast, I can hardly stand it! We are having a great summer just relaxing, playing, swimming, hanging out with Aunt Blaire, shopping, and of course napping!


Since I last posted Jameson has learned to sit up on his own, eat yummy veggies that his mommy makes for him, laugh uncontrollably at times, roll from his tummy to his back (still working on rolling the other way), scream with excitement, feed himself some finger foods (flour tortillas are his favorite to suck on), pull himself up to a crawling position (no real movement yet, but the time is coming- good for Jameson, scary for Mommy), and his newest accomplishment- saying bottle (or milk) in sign language.

Here are some pictures of our little guy for you to enjoy. :)
My first Mother's Day (he's wearing his Uncle Taylor's hat)Just getting the hang of sitting on his own (he was about 4 1/2 months here)
Playing in his exersaucer.

Swimming for the first time on Memorial Day (he loves it!)



Eating real food for the first time! He was a pro!!


Sitting up for real, for the very first time!
After a bath, with his UT horns on. :)



3 comments:

katy said...

yay! i'm so glad you decided to finally post some pictures and updates! looks like things are going *swimmingly* (sorry). hope it keeps up that way. you guys are blessed.

Blaire said...

Your blog says "UPDATE ME PLEASE!!!"

Blaire said...

Next time I am at your casa, I am updating your blog for you!!! Get your pictures ready.